Discipleship, What it means to follow Jesus
About this Lesson
What does it mean to be a disciple? One of the best definitions I've read recently came from Wikipedia where it said,
Disciple (Christianity) a fully formed disciple, [is] a living copy of Jesus.
"A living copy of Jesus" what a wonderful goal to aspire to!
The lesson today talks about how to become a disciple from Jesus' first invitation to "follow me" to his final command to "go into all the world and make more disciples."
Discipleship was important to Jesus. Disciples, making them, teaching them, and living with them, were a priority in his life.
This lesson looks at one passage, Luke 14:15-35 on how Jesus describes in various ways what it means to be a disciple.
Because discipleship is important to Jesus, it needs to be important to us. No matter what the challenges and demands of our life, we need to grow in it. I pray this lesson is useful to help you do that. Though there is much to the topic of discipleship, this lesson will give you a solid foundation of what it means.
Below are links to downloadable handouts, the podcast, and two versions of the video, one a live Podcast version and the other a PowerPoint version.
What's included in the lesson:
- A 1080p video, without any ads or YouTube distractions
- An MP3 audio/podcast file
- Editable PowerPoint file of the lesson
- Editable Notes/Transcript of the lesson
- Editable Questions on the lesson for individual study or group discussion
- Infographics that go with the lesson if part of it
- PDF of handouts that have the notes and questions
- Two digital files of images and PR text you can use to promote the topic
- PR paragraph to help advertise the class
- Unlimited reproduction rights of the video and handouts within your church, group, ministry, or business.