Understanding the Trinity, part Two, The One Substance of the Trinity, the attributes shared by the members of the Trinity and what that means to us
You can buy this lesson individually for $2.99, or for $4.99 monthly, or $36 yearly subscription you get this lesson and ALL the currently available lesson modules and those continuously added. Click the following link to find out more or to sign up: CLICK HERE
About this Series on the TrinityMany people believe that the idea of the Trinity is one of the most difficult to understand in the Christian faith. I very much disagree!
God does not intentionally confuse us as to who He is; He desires a relationship with us. He gave us Creation, His Word, and ultimately sent Jesus to earth as God in human flesh so we could know Him. With all of that, the question comes up of why then do people think that understanding the Trinity is difficult?
The challenge to understanding the Trinity is the same challenge of understanding everything else about our faith—We need to look at what God’s Word says about it!—and many people don’t want to take the time to look at what it says about the Trinity.
Granted, this is not one of the easiest topics to understand, but it really isn’t terribly difficult either when you take the time to study it, and I’ve broken an overview of the Trinity into 3 manageable lessons to help you understand it.
The lessons are based on the description of the Trinity that Tertullian (an early church father) used when he said the Trinity is One God, made up of Three Persons with One Substance.
I created a Chart that illustrates this, which you can download in each of the lessons. The chart is further explained in the three lessons that follow. The first deals with the Persons of the Trinity, the next with the Substance or attributes of the Trinity, and the third with how they are described throughout the Bible.
Here are each of the lessons, each of which has a podcast, video, PowerPoint Presentation, notes, questions, video, charts, and related materials on that lesson that you can use for personal learning or to teach others--the three lessons are:
- Understanding the Trinity, part One, The Three Persons of the Trinity, how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are uncreated, co-equal, and eternal persons.
- Understanding the Trinity, part Two, The One Substance of the Trinity, the attributes shared by the members of the Trinity and what that means to us.
- Understanding the Trinity, part Three, The Trinity Throughout the Bible, descriptions of the Trinity and roles of each member in the Old and New Testaments.
For Lesson TwoIn the first lesson, we looked at how the members of the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are uncreated, co-equal, and eternal persons. In this lesson we look at what makes them ONE God and that is their attributes or substance. This is what all members of the Trinity have in common and what makes them unique. We will look at the attributes of justice, holiness, love, omnipotence, omnipresence, mercy, and others. After defining the characteristic, we’ll then look at how it relates to us and how we should respond because of it.
Included in this Lesson
- An 1080p video
- An MP3, audio, podcast file
- A PowerPoint file of the lesson
- MS Word file of Notes/Transcript of the lesson
- MS Word file of Questions on the lesson for individual study or group discussion
- Two digital files of images you can use to promote the topic
- Unlimited reproduction rights of the video and handouts within your church, group, ministry, or business.