Understanding the Trinity, part One, The Three Persons of the Trinity
You can buy this lesson individually for $4.99 or for a $36 yearly subscription you get this lesson and ALL the currently available lesson modules and those continuously added. CLICK HERE to sign up.
About this LessonMany people believe that the idea of the Trinity is one of the most difficult to understand in the Christian faith. I very much disagree!
God does not intentionally confuse us as to who He is; He desires a relationship with us. He gave us Creation, His Word, and ultimately sent Jesus to earth as God in human flesh so we could know Him. With all of that, the question comes up of why then do people think that understanding the Trinity is difficult?
The challenge to understanding the Trinity is the same challenge of understanding everything else about our faith—We need to look at what God’s Word says about it!—and many people don’t want to take the time to look at what it says about the Trinity.
Granted, this is not one of the easiest topics to understand, but it really isn’t terribly difficult either when you take the time to study it, and I’ve broken an overview of the Trinity into 3 manageable lessons to help you understand it.
The lessons are based on the description of the Trinity that Tertullian (an early church father) used when he said the Trinity is One God, made up of Three Persons with One Substance.
I created a Chart that illustrates this, which you can download in each of the lessons. The chart is further explained in the three lessons that follow. The first deals with the Persons of the Trinity, the next with the Substance or attributes of the Trinity, and the third with how they are described throughout the Bible.
Here are each of the lessons, each of which has a podcast, video, PowerPoint Presentation, notes, questions, video, charts, and related materials on that lesson that you can use for personal learning or to teach others. Click on each one to go to them, and remember you can get all three for the yearly subscription price (plus many more!).
Here are the three lessons:
- Understanding the Trinity, part One, The Three Persons of the Trinity, how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are uncreated, co-equal, and eternal persons.
- Understanding the Trinity, part Two, The One Substance of the Trinity, the attributes shared by the members of the Trinity, and what that means to us.
- Understanding the Trinity, part Three, The Trinity Throughout the Bible, descriptions of the Trinity and roles of each member in the Old and New Testaments.
For Lesson One:In contrast to the widely held, but totally incorrect view that the Trinity is “like ice, water, and steam” which is, in reality, the ancient heresy of Modalism that has God morphing into various forms as God the Father in the Old Testament becoming God the Son in the New Testament, and becoming God the Holy Spirit today, this lesson will demonstrate how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are uncreated, co-equal, and eternal persons.
It will show this by demonstrating that each person of the Trinity has the characteristics of personhood including personal relations, intellect, emotions, and will. In addition, the lesson will show how the persons of the Trinity work together in our salvation.
Included in this Lesson
- An 1080p video
- An MP3, audio, podcast file
- A PowerPoint file of the lesson
- MS Word file of Notes/Transcript of the lesson
- MS Word file of Questions on the lesson for individual study or group discussion
- Two digital files of images you can use to promote the topic
- Unlimited reproduction rights of the video and handouts within your church, group, ministry, or business.